Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Rezonance NYE Festival
How to become a volunteer:
- Read the Volunteer Information Guide and decide if you would like to get involved.
- If you would like to proceed, download and complete the Volunteer Application Form, and email it back to us at email@example.com
Download the application form as .DOC
Download the application form as .PDF
- Please ensure all fields are completed correctly.
- Wait for us to contact you. If you have not heard from us by 15 December please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
- Volunteer applications are reviewed in the order they are received.
- Volunteer positions are filled based on previous festival experience, work and life related skills, and selected category preferences. Please keep in mind that some categories require specific skills and qualifications.
The Rez Team
VOLUNTEER INFORMATION GUIDE
The volunteer crew is broken into the various categories that deal with different aspects of the festival during pre-production and production stages.
In addition to being a valuable member of the Rezonance family, volunteers will also receive full entry to the festival for the duration of the festival. The work will happen either at the studio in Tamboerskloof or on the Contermanskloof venue itself. Please note that lunch and transport is not provided and there is no accommodation available on the farm. You would ideally be based in the Cape Town area so that you can commute in and out with ease.
At the moment we are looking primarily for pre-production volunteers leading up the festival. Each category has a team leader that has experience and understands the flow and dynamics of the festival.
Pre-production volunteers are required to work a minimum of 2 days of 8 hours each but obviously they can work for longer if they want.
1. Décor and Art Installations
- Please only apply for this if you have some artistic experience and skills already.
- Please send portfolio or examples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Skills required: Painting, sowing/needlework, drawing, woodworking skills, use of power tools such as jigsaw etc.
2. Set Up
- Please only apply if you have some set up experience. Rigger experiences not a requirement but a nice to have.
- Please send CV or short description of experience to email@example.com
- On site set up occurs from 27 December – 30 December inclusive.
We do not really have the capacity to manage on-site volunteers during the festival. However if you are very experienced and have festival expertise and skill sets in a particular area, please get hold of us. Please ONLY apply if this is the case by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Production volunteers are expected to work 2 x 6 hour shifts during the festival.
Volunteers who have experience in the following categories may apply:
1. Stage Management: We are looking for people with technical skills such as producers or sound engineers.
2. Performers such as stilt walkers etc.
3. Extra eyes in terms of security and wristband checks
4. Extra hands in terms of clean up.
Please note we have enough photographers and that we unable to accommodate any poi due to Disaster Management restrictions.